Onsite to Remote Scribes
Non-profit healthcare system with over 200 sites of care.
Due to COVID-19, the ‘at the elbow of the provider’ onsite scribe business model was no longer possible. Providers struggled to transition to work-fromhome telemedicine visits or self-documenting onsite visits without their scribe support. Simultaneously, the annual purge of scribes returning to school presented additional difficulties as their expected replacements would not be able to participate in traditional onsite training.
The Aquity team matched a combination of global and domestic scribe resources experienced in supporting onsite and telemedicine visits and launched the transition with the department heads to establish credibility and build organizational confidence in the virtual scribe business model.
The Aquity virtual scribe team achieved:
- Identified initial target of 25 former onsite scribe supported providers and matched non-student specialty specific virtual scribes to eliminate annual resource turnover concerns.
- Launched telemedicine and onsite virtual scribe support for department heads within two weeks of assignment.
- Achieved 100% physician satisfaction scores with their EHR platform, validated by independent third-party research firm.
- Reduced scribe support function costs by 30% while simultaneously improving RVUs and other revenue cycle KPI, such as percentage of claim rejects.
- The hospital management team recognized the significant qualitative (staff morale, workflow efficiency, and reduced physician complaints) and quantitative (KPI) results and moved to integrate the onsite to virtual scribe support program into a minimum 200 provider virtual scribe engagement.