Medical Coding Audits
Pro Fee, Outpatient, and Inpatient code assignment accuracy reviews to validate justifiable reimbursements.
AQuity audits ensure the highest level of coding accuracy and compliance while also identifying opportunities for documentation and/or coding process improvements. The goal is to evaluate coding accuracy based on industry guidelines, rules, and regulations. All findings and educational concepts are included in the findings with supportive justification, citing official sources.
All audit personnel are tested in proficiency prior to hire and ongoing throughout their tenure with AQuity to ensure that the level of competency is above industry standards.
- Auditors with diverse credentials
- Diverse workforce (domestic and global) within a minimum requirement of 5 years clinical coding and auditing background
- Comprehensive knowledge across multiple service types
- Facility (acute care, CAH, University Medical Systems, Trauma Centers, IP Psych, IPRF, SNF, LTAC, IVR, Cardiac Catheterization)
- Professional billing (consultations, multi-specialty, Inpatient rounding)
The Detailed Audit Findings Report confirms identified error trends and recommendations for improved documentation and educational needs.
Audit objectives include:
- Identification of coding compliance areas of risk
- Identification of coding errors with potential impact on revenue
- Identification of clinical documentation improvement initiatives
- Identification of trends and educational opportunities
- Identification of query process improvement opportunities