The provider’s stellar reputation for delivering high-quality care dictated high expectations for a coder training and management program.
Our client needed the ability to recruit, retain, and provide continuous education for coders to support their ever-expanding and diverse patient population. The organization understood that consistency in coding drove data integrity, which, in turn, led to quality reporting, accurate reimbursement, reduction of denials, and more.
The provider’s stellar reputation for delivering high-quality care dictated high expectations for a coder training and management program. Given the time and budget-stretching resources required to train their ever-expanding coding staff (150+), while creating a long-term and world-class coding solution, they turned to AQuity Solutions™.
The client’s primary objective was to implement a modernized, streamlined and systematic coder training program for hiring and retaining new and existing staff (physician and hospital coders). Additionally, the organization had several other important goals:
- Safeguard data integrity, identify trends and minimize coding errors
- Develop a mechanism for proactively identifying and addressing coding challenges
- Cross-train outpatient coders across several specialties
- Ensure all coders enjoyed easy access to evolving coding changes and requirements to keep skills current and up-to-date
- Establish a system with thorough content allowing for macro/micro levels of transparency for the comprehensive management of coders and coding teams.
AQuity Academy’s automated training and management process:
- Encapsulated all aspects of training and reporting and provided one source for coder data, reports, outcomes, results, and test scores.
- Dramatically improved accuracy and delivered an overall reduction in claim denials. Provided managers with control over online education tracks to customize both deployment as well as real-time reporting for consistent evaluations.
- Enabled managers to cross-train coders and provide specialty service-line training.
- Provided resources to identify trouble areas for ongoing, targeted education initiatives. Became a source for coders to obtain CEU’s remotely and
- Became a source for coders to obtain CEUs remotely and receive Certificates of Completion (AHIMA & AAPC)