Specialty Transcription Backlog Elimination
The largest hospital system in South Texas with comprehensive specialty care facilities for cardiovascular, robotics, oncology, emergency medicine, orthopedic and Women’s health services.
Critical radiology and pathology transcription backlog due to business failure of previous outsourced vendor to deliver services as contracted. Accelerated onboarding (less than 30 days) needed to eliminate substantial backlog and return to normal turnaround time cycles.
Daily analysis meetings and progress updates were held to manage through the compressed timetable and drive fast tracked team collaboration across Human Resources, Application Analyst, Operations, IT, and Project Management departments to conduct accelerated assessment, discovery and plan of action development. Project scope included coordination between Radiology Information (RIS) and PACS systems, Pathology information system (LIS), and Aquity facilitated dictation applications. We coordinated with client’s IT staff to arrange access for remote staff, download required software applications, and ensure stability and security for connectivity and configurations. Configured client specifics, sample reports, partnership engagement processes, QA assessments, and sign off procedures.
The Aquity HIM, Pathology and Radiology Operations Team accomplished:
- Successful on-time go-live.
- Cleared a three-week Pathology backlog in 9 days while keeping up with current dictation.
- Eliminated a five-day radiology transcription backlog within 48 hours.
- Phased approach over 6 weeks ramping up 8 campuses and facilities to a full AQuity radiology transcription outsource.
- Knowledge transfer of laboratory information PACS information and dictation systems
- Creation of detailed training materials to accelerate workflow, reduce new staff member ramp up time, and ensure total transcription program success.
- Specialty transcription service teams beat turnaround time objectives and exceeded quality measures beginning with first day of go-live. Pathology backlogs were brought current within 48 hours. Radiology backlog were brought current on the go-live date.
To learn more about Aquity Solutions medical transcription services, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Aquity Solutions interim management, staff mentoring, and coding quality assurance support services, contact us today.