Inhouse to Outsource Coding (I2O) Domestic and Global Support
200+ Bed Community Based Short Term Acute Care Hospital
Community based facility facing budgetary constraints and need to decrease expenses. The HIM department was required to reduce their budget and was struggling to find ways to accomplish this.
AQuity reached out to the DHIM with the option of outsourcing all of the HIM coding responsibilities. AQuity Coding Leaders were engaged with the DHIM and completed a deep dive discovery to uncover all volumes and patient types that would be transitioned to outsource. The team involved the AQuity HR partner to collaborate with the client HR partner and gathering of HR information was completed. This data was utilized to show the return on investment (ROI) that outsourcing the coding to AQuity would provide. This involved making offers of employment to the current client coders as well as incorporating the AQuity Global support into the plan for cost savings. Steps involved include:
- ROI calculation was completed and provided to the client
- Deep discovery on coding workflow, process, volumes and HR discovery
- Contract signature
- Offer of employment to current client coding staff
- Staffing plan developed with domestic and global support
- Training for all involved
- Implementation of full coding outsource
The AQuity Coding Services team accomplished:
- Onboarding of client staff that accepted the offer of employment with AQuity
- Reduction in cost for the client as the global coders were onboarded
- Decrease in coding turn-around time due to global addition and working evening hours
- Decrease in DNFB due to higher productivity goals set for the coders
- DHIM has referred their Physician Support Services team to AQuity for additional outsourcing of their coding
To learn more about Aquity Solutions coding support services, contact us today at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more about Aquity Solutions interim management, staff mentoring, and coding quality assurance support services, contact us today.